Jama Software® is focused on maximizing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect® to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect uniquely creates Live Traceability™ through siloed development, test, and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries. To learn more, please visit us at jamasoftware.com.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager who develops and drives sales methodologies and strategies. Responsible for building, developing, and leading a high-performance team of Account Executives responsible for sales and business development in their assigned area. Serves as a daring sales leader, strategically partnering with groups across the organization to ensure effective Go-To-Market plans and account strategies. This role will focus on selling to the Automotive industry.
What You'll Do:
- Provide cross-functional partnerships with other departments such as Customer Success, Services, in the development of sales and marketing strategies related to the industry.
- Design and implement Go-To-Market Plans and Account Strategies within respective verticals.
- Lead and participate in the full sales process, from setting goals to building pipelines to closing deals.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of Account Executives to consistently achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Apply metrics to improve performance in all aspects of the sales organization through iteration.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of direct B2B sales experience, at least 1 year leading a B2B SaaS Sales team in respective vertical.
- Experience in fast-growth startups, scaling from $10 million to over $50 million in ARR.
- Experience in selling subscription licenses with ACV of $50k+ and negotiating deals of at least $1M.
- Experience selling into the Automotive industry.
- Experience developing, communicating, and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy focused on driving ARR growth.
- Track record of team-based success, consistently exceeding quotas for many consecutive years.
- Proven leadership in building and sustaining a successful team of Account Executives through team building, training, and mentoring.
- Expertise selling into system engineering/IT disciplines where business transformation and change is needed.
- Deep understanding and experience with consistently focusing on monitoring, measuring, and focusing sales organization performance through defined metrics.
- Experience in building and managing a sustainable and healthy pipeline, sales process, and forecasting.
- Ability to ensure that processes are followed uniformly to ensure an accurate view is presented at every stage of the sales cycle.
- Driven, collaborative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
- Confident, eloquent communication and writing skills, with a keen ability to partner and influence at all levels of the organization and executive-level customer.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in providing industry-specific thought leadership via events, publications, partnerships, etc.
- Experience crafting and driving Go-To-Market plans and Account Strategies within the automotive vertical.
Perks and Benefits:
- Virtual first and culturally diverse work environment spanning 8 countries.
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions.
- Flexible time off and leave programs crafted to meet the needs for your rejuvenation and extra support to cope with life events with a quarterly $75 wellness reimbursement.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans with pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with your new family member.
- Emphasis on learning and development at all levels with a subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
At Jama Software, we welcome passionate individuals who have the unrestricted right to work in the United States, including natural citizens and Green Card holders, and reside in eligible states to join our team.
If you get to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.