Magnify is a next-generation orchestration platform for the post-sales industry. Over 90% of revenue for most companies comes after the initial sale, but the customer experience is disconnected and siloed across multiple technology platforms and teams. Magnify uses AI/ML along with a modern microservices architecture to transform that experience to drive adoption, retention, and expansion for our customers. The opportunity is a massive and untapped market by current solutions.
Magnify's initial customers are enterprise Chief Customer Officers and their organizations. These executives are challenged to scale the teams and drive performance across increasing numbers of customer touch points, but struggle with fragmented technologies and manual processes. Magnify meets them at their point of need and solves their critical challenges in this large and growing market of over 4 million CS professionals.
Magnify is a fast-moving startup backed by top-tier investors like Madrona and Decibel, with a veteran and successful leadership team.
Our Data Platform is critical to delivering value for our customers: it enables our data science and product teams to rapidly build high quality experiences and surface unique, actionable insights. We are looking for a senior or principal software engineer to join our Data Platform team and lead its architectural design and implementation.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Architecting and implementing data integration, warehousing, and processing systems, including driving our technical strategies enabling deep bidirectional integrations with a breadth of external services such as Salesforce, Pendo, Gainsight, Marketo, and more.
* Defining data schemas, specifications, and interfaces to reduce complexity and ease consumption of data.
* Establishing and managing AWS-hosted data infrastructure.
* Building internal services and external APIs to provide access to data.
* Partnering with leadership, product, and data science to identify opportunities to leverage our data platform to better serve our customers.
* Coaching and mentoring other members of the engineering team
This role is remote eligible for candidates within 3 hours of Pacific time zone (UTC-8).
Qualifications and Experience
Successful candidates are likely to have the following qualifications and experiences; we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the items below.
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
* 7+ years of experience working as a software engineer and building data intensive applications in a high growth, startup environment.
* Extensive familiarity configuring, operating, and using some combination of: relational and non-relational data stores (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Pinot, DynamoDB, Redshift, Snowflake); event stream and processing (e.g. Kafka, Flink); data integration and transformation tools (e.g. Stitch, Airbyte, Meltano, dbt); data serialization (e.g. Parquet, Avro, Iceberg); distributed and event driven architectures (e.g. Lambda, serverless, Temporal).
* Experience with cloud native environments and Amazon Web Services.
* Demonstrated success leading complex software projects with limited oversight in a distributed environment.
* Passionate about delivering for users and collaborating with teammates.
* Have a strong bias for action and the ability to identify where and when scrappiness is the right approach versus those places where rigor is required.