Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you'll drive the vision for our data warehouse and analytics layer, setting us up to scale in both the number of players and internal users. You'll partner closely with teams such as Growth, Economy, User-generated Content, Social, among others, empowering them to understand player behavior deeply.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner with PMs, designers, engineers, and analysts/data scientists to build out the data layer to empower analysis, experimentation, and new product features.
- Architect data warehouse modeling layer and establish the patterns and processes which will serve as the foundation for scaling our data.
- Apply software engineering practices (e.g., code review, testing, version control) when creating new datasets to ensure data quality across our pipelines and BI tools
- Identify gaps in our data collection processes and collaborate with product and engineering to iterate and improve current methodologies.
- Design and implement top-level company dashboards to serve as the source of truth for company performance.
- Build out experimentation datasets and pipelines to allow for granular analysis of A/B tests.
- Partner with ML teams to build out data models to be used in model deployment
- Work with partner teams to build datasets that will impact production, such as creator and player statistics.
- Build out systems to evaluate ML model performance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of analytics experience, with substantial experience as an analytics engineer
- Have a high level of proficiency in SQL (aggregate functions, window functions, complex joins, CTE), including query optimization skills
- Experience coding with Python
- Substantial previous experience with pipeline orchestration. DBT and airflow preferred
- Experience with dashboarding tools
- Familiar with processes for handling event-based data
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The base pay range for this position is listed below; please note the base pay may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Base Pay Range
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.