Are you ready for the best destination of your career?
Spotnana is modernizing the infrastructure of the $1.4 trillion travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. With over $115M in funding from top tier investors, including ICONIQ and Madrona Venture Group, we are tackling the hardest problems the travel industry has to offer and we need your help.
Culture is always fluid. It evolves as a business grows, along with the people who drive it forward. We seek people who have different perspectives, but shared values. Before you embark on this journey, quickly check in on whether you are aligned with our company values:
- Obsessed with Customer Needs: We earn the trust and loyalty of our customers by solving their problems.
- Do the Impossible: We solve tough problems through innovation and are inspired by unprecedented challenges.
- Build Globally, Serve Locally: We embrace a global mindset and celebrate diversity as we serve customers around the world.
- Act Like Owners: We constantly find problems to solve. Decisions are not made in isolation. We work hard, work smart, and work together.
- Constantly Change, Learn & Evolve: We flourish by adapting quickly to new challenges and by learning from everyone around us. Building something new is not always glamorous work. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and evolve.
- Respect Above All: We are humble and treat others with the same respect we desire for ourselves. Our work culture is a safe environment where everyone is open to feedback and new ideas.
What you'll own
- Build, lead, develop, and retain a team of world-class DevOps engineers
- Build a DevOps and observability platform that focuses on Infrastructure-as-Code, DevOps-driven workflows, and containerization, and helps put site reliability engineering at the core
- Serve as architect for the DevOps platform, and contribute technical expertise to partner teams across Spotnana to ensure a consistent, powerful, and professionally operated overall capability
- Partner with leads of Infrastructure and downstream Platforms teams to architect an engagement model and optimal ways of working with the product management teams
- Manage vendor relationships and contracting; delegate these duties where it is advantageous to do so
- Design innovative strategy beyond the current enterprise way of working to create a better environment for the end users, and able to construct a coordinated, stepwise plan to bring others along with the change curve
- Standard bearer for proper ways of working and engineering discipline, including the QMS framework and CI/CD best practices, and proactively spearhead improvement within their engineering area
- Serve as a technical thought leader and champion
Experience to bring with you
- Deep knowledge of modern DevOps and site reliability engineering practice, including DevOps stacks (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, …), Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, …), metrics and observability tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, …), and developer tools (IDE’s, Jira/Confluence, …)
- Experience operating live-services in a site reliability engineering paradigm
- Cloud experience (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Kubernetes), including infrastructure-as-code
- Demonstrated excellence with agile software development environments using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated excellence in managing high-stakes, business-critical infrastructure spanning multiple geographies and time zones
- Experience with establishing software engineering ways of working and best practices for a team (whether informally or as formal SOPs etc)
Let’s talk compensation
Spotnana strives to offer fair, industry-competitive and equitable compensation. Our approach holistically assesses total compensation, including cash, company equity and comprehensive benefits. Our market-based compensation approach uses data from trusted third party compensation sources to set salary ranges that are thoughtful and consistent with the role, industry, company size, and internal equity of our team. Each employee is paid within the minimum and maximum of their position’s compensation range based on their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related specifications.
The annual cash compensation for this role is: $200,000 - $250,000
We care for the people who make everything possible - our benefits offerings include:
- Equity in the form of stock options which provides partial ownership in the company so you can share in the success of the company as it grows
- Pre-tax and ROTH 401(k) options via Fidelity with up to a 4% company match
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability effective on your hire date. We cover 100% of your employee premiums and 85% of your eligible dependents
- Pre-tax flexible spending account options for health, dependent care and commuter expenses
- 20 vacation days per year in additional to 10 company holidays, 4 company recharge/wellness days and an end of year company shutdown
- Up to 26 weeks of Parental Leave
- Monthly cell phone / internet stipend
- Additional benefits including access to RocketLawyer’s online legal platform, International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) membership, Pet Insurance through Fetch, Financial Wellness through Origin and SoFi, EAP through Mutual of Omaha, The Calm app through Kaiser, pre-tax parking/transit program and more.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.