We are an early stage startup using generative AI to fundamentally change life sciences research and accelerate the pace of biomedical discovery.
Genomic data are at the heart of most modern molecular studies and tools, from basic research to clinical decision support, but these data are hard to work with. Genomic data require expensive laboratories, sophisticated computational infrastructure, and big teams to produce and analyze. Generating and analyzing genomic data takes weeks or months. We’re building generative AI models to cut that time down to minutes or hours.
Our platform addresses a huge need in the large and rapidly growing use of genomics in research, from basic science to therapeutic development. mRNA therapeutics alone - a subset of the overall market we serve - is projected to be a $100 billion market by 2026. This is an opportunity to be part of a mission to transform life sciences R&D by dramatically accelerating the pace of discovery.
WHO WE ARE
Our team has dedicated their careers to moving the needle in biomedical research and education and has a deep understanding of how to build a transformative product in this space. Our founders each have ~20 years of experience in life sciences, genomic data generation and analysis, and AI/ML and data science. Our team has leading experts in the design, execution, collection, and application of AI/ML methods to large biological studies; has previously led and scaled startups; and are experts in scientific training and enablement. We have lived the problem and are ready to solve it!
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
We are looking for a senior bioinformatician who wants to join our mission and be an early part of building our AI-powered platform at the intersection of machine learning and life sciences discovery.
You will help to set and build out our data and bioinformatics platform architecture and long-term technical vision:
● Be part of the founding team to develop and iterate roadmap for data and bioinformatics platform development
● Lead feature prioritization for bioinformatics product vision – to make genomic data analysis easy
● Collaborate with ML experts to design generative AI models
● Apply experiences and insights on the challenges and bottlenecks within current approaches/tools used in genomic data analytics to our vision that reimagines how biologists and bioinformaticians gain biological insights
● Work closely with customers to ensure customer focus and incorporate feedback into platform infrastructure and product
The best candidates do not always match the limited criteria mentioned in the job description. If you are excited about our vision and feel that you could be a valuable asset to our team, please apply.
This role requires experience with analyzing genomic sequencing data; the exact types of data and analyses can vary, but a desire and ability to learn quickly is essential. An interest in applying your skills to our mission is the key ingredient.
● Fluency with data manipulation and processing in R and/or Python (e.g., dplyr and pandas)
● Experienced at quantifying gene expression from bulk and single-cell RNA-seq data, including QC, expression estimation, normalization, etc.
● Familiarity with containers (Docker, Singularity) and workflow managers (Nextflow, WDL, CWL, etc.)
● Fluency with high-throughput sequencing, Ilumina sequencing protocols, library generation
● Excitement about generative AI and interest in employing AI to change how science happens
● Desired: Experience managing and working with large datasets in the cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
● Experience and perspective that empathizes with and represents the voices of life sciences customers
● Capability and/or experience in common genomic data analysis workflows, including use of standard tools, languages, and packages (e.g., Seurat, Scanpy, kallisto, etc.)
● Experience in bioinformatics/computational role at a commercial biotech company
● Experience with creating product specifications, workflows, and testing frameworks
● No minimum number of years or degree requirements, provided demonstrated understanding of the range of approaches and tools used in end-to-end genomic data analysis
● Desired: Ideally, you have been part of an informatics, data science, or computational group or project at a commercial biotech company
● Open-minded and adaptable; willing to change focus and direction quickly in response to product/market demands
● Comfortable working both independently and in close collaboration with your own team as well as other teams with complementary expertise
● Strong communication and desire to be a key player
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Our founders have strong reputations as thoughtful, forward-thinking colleagues and mentors who cultivate talent. We’ll think intentionally and collaboratively about your career and how we build our team. Our founders’ experiences in workforce development and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our approach.
● Impact — Our platform will accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and therapy development to advance human health. This is an opportunity to build something from the ground up, define a new product, and lead a team over time in a space that has a real, positive impact.
● Early employee impact — As a member of the very early team, you will play a pivotal role in helping shape our product, team, and culture. For the rest of our days, no matter how many thousands of people join after you, you will always have that honor and distinction. It looks great on a resume, too.
● Early stage equity — A benefit of joining early. None of us (neither our founders nor our investors) would be here if we didn’t think that our company will create tremendous value over time.
● Salary — We are a startup. You can expect salary raises that bring you closer to market rates as we grow. Plus, you’ll have the energy and excitement of a startup and the unique benefits and learning opportunities of taking an early risk.
● Flexible location and hours – We are whole people with whole lives and expect that you are, too. We’ll trust each other to make progress as a team, in times and places that work for everyone. Preference for Seattle area. Travel to Seattle will be required from time to time – it’s a beautiful city!
● Visa support - We cannot provide visa support at this time.