Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
We have an opening for a seasoned Engineering Manager in our Infrastructure organization focused on organizational development, driving technical strategy, alignment and execution of projects across observability, deployment, continuous integration, release, Helm (Developer Productivity).
This is an opportunity to develop our offering focused on improving the scalability and reliability of Temporal’s core infrastructure. The high-impact role will broadly own design and implementation of systems delivering industry-changing capabilities to Temporal Cloud customers and software developers globally.
You will be responsible for multiple components of our complex system. You should be comfortable working across senior-most Executive, Product, and Engineering people and groups and you should be skilled at prioritizing and balancing work across our teams of talented technical individual contributors. You are motivated to hire and develop your team and you have a proven track record of doing so.
- Drive major system architecture and execution relative to Developer Productivity.
- Ways to automate workflow and deployment.
- Multi-year roadmaps establishing vision for infrastructure scalability, reliability, and engineering velocity.
- Maintain a culture of engineering and operational excellence.
- Supporting and developing a team of engineers through feedback and coaching - you set context and expectations while you eliminate barriers to execution.
- Team-wide responsibility for day-to-day execution against priorities.
- Key partnerships between leadership, engineering, and product teams.
- Collaboration across teams to align roadmaps.
- Participation in design reviews for projects across Infrastructure (Developer Productivity) with a focus on automation, infrastructure, scalability and reliability.
- Partnering with Security to build ‘secure by default’ systems.
- Engaging with key customers to help understand their requirements and enable their business.
- The reliability of your product area into production. Engineers together are responsible for the testing, speed, reliability and uptime of their systems.
- Ensuring engineers understand the priorities and have the tools, and processes needed to meet shipping deadlines.
- Design principles for building reliable systems at scale.
- Grow others via leadership, career mentorship, and advocacy.
- Ways to best leverage Temporal’s own software to power infrastructure at scale.
- Customer needs that drive infrastructure design decisions.
What You bring to us:
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Prior demonstrated results as a Software Engineer with strong design and coding skills.
- Experience with large-scale build infrastructure and developer tooling with a focus on Observability.
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of Senior/Staff level Software Engineers.
- Experience in building and leading the development of complex distributed software systems and microservices for a cloud infrastructure organization (SaaS offering).
- Hands-on experience with one or more cloud providers, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Superior collaboration skills and experience driving alignment across an organization and drafting long-term roadmaps.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a willingness to communicate complex solutions and results to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with hiring, leading, and growing an effective team.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $210,000 - $230,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.