Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
You will help drive the strategy, execution, and return on investment of trade shows/conferences, local field events, company conferences, and internal events. You'll work very closely with demand generation, product marketing, sales, solution architecture, and developer advocacy teams.
This opportunity requires someone with excellent organization and planning skills who can work autonomously with minimal supervision but can also work effectively with others, collaborating within a team environment. Someone who thrives in a very fast-growing, high-energy corporate environment that demands and rewards leadership, initiative, resourcefulness, and individual contribution.
What you'll do
- Assist with the strategic planning of the annual and quarterly events calendar and budget.
- Plan, execute, and handle all aspects of designated conference sponsorships, including coordination of logistics such as equipment, catering, marketing collateral, promotional giveaways, and company travel requirements.
- Participate in the planning of bi-annual internal company-wide events.
- Work with the marketing demand generation team to plan and execute engagement and nurture programs before, during, and after each conference.
- Track individual event budgets, with a focus on delivering high-quality leads and generating pipeline, while maximizing the return on investment of each event* Manage external vendor relationships, including negotiating budgets and contracts.
- Together with the Senior Manager, Events and Field Marketing, plan Temporal’s annual developer conference, Replay.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure program deliverables and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each event
- Travel up to 50% during peak conference season, averaging roughly 25-30% travel annually.
What you bring to us
- Min 2 years of successful field marketing experience, preferably for a B2B high-tech, SaaS, and/or Cloud industry company
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Experience executing event sponsorship efforts, including evaluating sponsorship contracts and fulfilling deliverables (booth selection, lead retrieval, swag, etc.).
- Experience organizing the multi-channel event experience to boost event engagement and return on investment, including email, web, and social marketing programs.
- Able to work in a complex, highly collaborative team environment.
- Superb organization skills, ability to track deliverables across multiple events to ensure we don’t miss key deadlines.
- Experience using Marketo and Salesforce is a plus.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $109,000 - $135,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.