Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
As a Security Engineer II, you will join a product development team that's passionate about solving real world problems. Here at Flexe, we believe that infrastructure drives innovation. That is why we value our infrastructure as much as the core product. Our goal is to build innovative, world-class technology to disrupt the supply chain industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate and identify current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats and coordinate initiatives across affected teams.
- Assist with incident response, including steps to minimize impact and conduct a technical and forensic investigation into security issues and the engagement of multiple internal development teams, as well as HR and Legal.
- Perform risk assessments, identify and reproduce vulnerabilities within the systems, and configure systems to enhance existing security features.
- Automate security testing tools, monitor networks and systems for security breaches and develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach.
- Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices.
- Conduct proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies and new security solutions to better protect the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with a focus on information security.
- Ability to explain complex InfoSec matters to those without a security background, and communicate effectively with multiple audiences requiring varied levels of sensitivity and collaborate on final incident reporting and related information sharing.
- Experience with pentesting
- Experience triaging and developing security alerts and response automation, conducting front-line analysis, and providing escalation support.
- Experience implementing or managing a SIEM system.
- Knowledge across a variety of security products such as firewalls, virus and malware protection, intrusion detection, and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment, disaster recovery, and computer forensics technologies, tools and methods.
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- (Preferred) BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- (Preferred) Security certifications such as CISSP, GISP, CISM, ISSAP, ISSEP, CEH, CISA.
The salary range for this role is $155,700 to $181,700 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. As part of our pay for performance based pay program, this role is eligible to potentially receive merit bonuses of up to 15% of base salary based on individual performance.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- 4 weeks of paid time off, an additional 13 paid company holidays (10 standard holidays, 2 floating holidays and -your birthday!)
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.