Observe is a SaaS Observability product which enables businesses to investigate modern distributed applications 10x faster. We enable engineers to spend more time coding features and less time investigating incidents.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to grow with us as we build a reliable and secure lens for our infrastructure.
At Observe, our Sales Development team works closely with our partners in both Sales and Marketing to build fanatical customer enthusiasm around Observe. SDR’s are responsible for identifying and qualifying new opportunities for our sales organization. We view our SDR program as the best way to turbocharge a long and successful career in sales and view our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) as the next wave of Account Executives at Observe.
To aid in this endeavor, we invest heavily in the training and development of our team. This includes a 2-week long SDR bootcamp, bi-weekly group findings, weekly 1-1 mentorship and more. By joining our team, you are making an investment in yourself that will accelerate the rest of your sales career.
Our SDRs gain an understanding of our product, community, who we sell to, why they care, and what makes us relevant. They learn how to generate a pipeline quickly and effectively as well as how to achieve a good discovery and qualification. The team is a crucial resource for sales teams across Observe to get great talent from. This helps us scale our teams, as well as ensure that we have a culture of meritocracy.
Being a SDR is often a first step to jump-starting a career in sales. At Observe, we have a culture that celebrates diversity, fosters growth and enablement, and ensures that we provide our SDRs with the tools and the confidence that they need to grow their careers.
The SDR leadership team has a true understanding of where each SDR is at in their personal development process, and mentors and enables them to ensure that they have the means and opportunity to be considered for their next role. At Observe, we truly believe that if you want to earn your MBA in sales, this is the place to be. As a leadership team, we spend an exorbitant amount of time working in the trenches with our teams to help them fine hone their business and sales acumen and ramp them as quickly as we can to productivity, success, and greater roles.
This role is based out of our San Mateo office.
First 90 days:
By the end of month 1, you will:
- Have met your new team and had fun playing with some new tools
- Become a part of the Observe family
- Have a good understanding of what makes Observe’s product offerings so special
- Understand how our Sales Development, Marketing and Account Executive teams all work together
By the end of month 2, you will:
- Have had a successful sales bootcamp training
- Be comfortable talking to clients on the phone about Observe
- Have worked with our Account Executive team on your first opportunity
- Have shadowed a ton of calls and practiced several role plays
- Started delivering your ramp quota
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Know our sales funnel inside and out, and feel confident to add value to our sales org
- Show clear delivery of our sales methodologies
- Provide insights to both our Sales Development and marketing organizations to help us to continue to iterate and improve
- Delivered against your ramp quota
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities:
- Identify high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with Observe across your region
- Work with the Sales team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge
- Interact with engineering decision makers via telephone, LinkedIn and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the Sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Exceed monthly and quarterly opportunity quota
- Build strong relationships with our marketing team and Account Executives, where we pull together to maximize the win for our business
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
We’re looking for someone with:
- Preferably 1-2+ years of strong sales, marketing or customer-facing experience
- New graduates welcome to apply
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- A self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals
- Outstanding communication skills including both phone and written communication as well as active listening
- Extraordinary character with an incredible drive for success, high work ethic, curious by nature, and obsessed with smashing sales goals
- Validated time leadership skills and ability to work either independently or through coaching
- Desire to work in a driven and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business critical solutions quickly
Life at Observe:
We are excited to have the ability to return to the office and focus on in-person coaching and growth. Especially in the beginning of your sales career it is crucial to have the ability to be close to your mentors and coaches to quickly ramp.
San Mateo’s office culture:
- 80+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance
- Attractive compensation package & stock
- Pension & Life Insurance
- President’s Club for outstanding performance
- Career growth & Coaching
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen