Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalised care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. In Europe, we have a diverse international team with over 25 nationalities represented in our Barcelona office. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Now, we are on a mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! Therefore, we are looking for talented, driven, and multilingual Customer Experience Representatives (either full-time or part-time) to be based in Barcelona to support our 8 markets (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway and Netherlands).
- As a member of the Customer Experience team, you are the backbone of Rover.com.
- You develop relationships with our users and create an exceptional, personal service experience for them via chat, email & phone.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through - and most of all - you are able to really listen to understand the core needs of our community.
- Nothing can really make you flip as you are able and keen to operate with tight timelines while finding the right balance between professionalism and expediency.
- Based on the customer feedback and your own experience, you proactively seek new ways to provide excellent customer support and how to improve Rover.com - and yourself.
- You build long-lasting relationships with our registered pet parents and pet sitters while providing superior customer support.
- You are able to communicate effectively and manage escalated conversations in a professional manner between both parties (owner and sitter), as well as outside parties such as vet clinics and boarding facilities.
- Where others are seeing problems, you are also seeing solutions. You take responsibility and follow appropriate procedures to solve whatever problems your team, or our users, may face. No matter what you do, our user retention, as well as the improvement of the overall customer satisfaction, is always in the back of your mind, next to the statement “impossible is nothing!”
- You are native/fluent in Dutch
- You are native/fluent in German
- You are highly proficient in English for internal communication.
- You have experience in the customer support area or/and contact centre operations - at your core - you can listen and you understand customers’ real needs.
- You are able to operate and to continuously learn and improve in a fast-moving & dynamic environment.
- You have a self-confident and positive demeanour mixed with excellent communication and strong problem-solving skills – basically, you are ready to make a meaningful contribution to our team and our community from day one.
- You have a true team player mentality - your team members are more than coworkers to you and you bring your unique experiences and passions to your job every day.
- Bonus: Experience in working in the vet tech industry and/or experience in dog behaviours, including aggressive triggers.
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid19)
This role will be located in our office in Barcelona.
Please submit an English version of your CV / Resume
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed
to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.