Are you ready for the best destination of your career?
Spotnana is modernizing the infrastructure of the $1.4 trillion travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. With over $115M in funding from top tier investors, including ICONIQ and Madrona Venture Group, we are tackling the hardest problems the travel industry has to offer and we need your help.
Culture is always fluid. It evolves as a business grows, along with the people who drive it forward. We seek people who have different perspectives, but shared values. Before you embark on this journey, quickly check in on whether you are aligned with our company values:
- Obsessed with Customer Needs: We earn the trust and loyalty of our customers by solving their problems.
- Do the Impossible: We solve tough problems through innovation and are inspired by unprecedented challenges.
- Build Globally, Serve Locally: We embrace a global mindset and celebrate diversity as we serve customers around the world.
- Act Like Owners: We constantly find problems to solve. Decisions are not made in isolation. We work hard, work smart, and work together.
- Constantly Change, Learn & Evolve: We flourish by adapting quickly to new challenges and by learning from everyone around us. Building something new is not always glamorous work. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and evolve.
- Respect Above All: We are humble and treat others with the same respect we desire for ourselves. Our work culture is a safe environment where everyone is open to feedback and new ideas.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Spotnana’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
What you'll own
- Work with top talent in design and development of high quality cloud-native services in Spotnana platform and products
- Own the customer delight for your area of impact
- Model, teach, and grow the right engineering practices and culture
- Code reviews, test-automation for your modules, contribute to road map development
- Collaborate with architects and technical leads for craftsmanship and new innovations
Experience to bring with you
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experience with backend distributed server side development in a cloud native stack building frameworks for consumption
- 8+ years of experience in software development of products and/or saas services, and with data structures/algorithms
- 3+ years of experience with software design and architecture
- 3+ years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects
- Solid understanding of at least one of the following: Java, C++, Python or a tech stack of your choice
- The skills and inclination to think rigorously about API design and diving deep into the details
- Experience successfully hiring, growing, and cultivating full-stack engineers
Let’s talk compensation
Spotnana strives to offer fair, industry-competitive and equitable compensation. Our approach holistically assesses total compensation, including cash, company equity and comprehensive benefits. Our market-based compensation approach uses data from trusted third party compensation sources to set salary ranges that are thoughtful and consistent with the role, industry, company size, and internal equity of our team. Each employee is paid within the minimum and maximum of their position’s compensation range based on their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related specifications.
We care for the people who make everything possible - our benefits offerings include:
- Equity in the form of stock options which provides partial ownership in the company so you can share in the success of the company as it grows
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical for self, spouse, children and parents, Free doctor consultations, Employee assistance program effective on your hire date.
- 18 Privilege leaves, 12 casual/sick leave days per year in additional to 12 company holidays, 4 company recharge/wellness days and an end of year company shutdown
- Up to 26 weeks of Parental Leave
- Monthly cell phone / internet stipend
- Meal allowance
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance to new joiners
- Employee retirement planning such as corporate NPS and EPF
- Corporate Udemy license to all employees to access variety of learning programs
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.