We are a VC-funded early stage startup using generative AI to fundamentally change life sciences research and accelerate the pace of biomedical discovery.
Genomic data are at the heart of most modern molecular studies and tools, from basic research to clinical decision support, but these data are hard to work with. Genomic data require expensive laboratories, sophisticated computational infrastructure, and big teams to produce and analyze. Generating and analyzing genomic data takes weeks and sometimes months. We’re building generative AI models to cut that time down to minutes or hours.
Our platform addresses a huge need in the large and rapidly growing use of genomics in research, from basic science to therapeutic development. mRNA therapeutics alone - a subset of the overall market we serve - is projected to be a $100 billion market by 2026. This is an opportunity to be part of a mission to transform life sciences R&D by dramatically accelerating the pace of discovery.
WHO WE ARE
Our team has dedicated their careers to moving the needle in biomedical research and education and has a deep understanding of how to build a transformative product in this space. Our founders each have ~20 years of experience in life sciences, genomic data generation and analysis, and AI/ML and data science. Our team has leading experts in the design, execution, collection, and application of AI/ML methods to large biological studies; has previously led and scaled startups; and are experts in scientific training and enablement. We have lived the problem and are ready to solve it!
We are looking for a senior software engineer who wants to join our mission and be a very early part of building our AI-powered platform at the intersection of machine learning and life sciences discovery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Play an early and critical role on our platform team driving product strategy and architecting, building and shipping an easy-to-use web platform that empowers and delights scientists
● Play an early and critical role helping shape our engineering culture and build out the team.
● Collaborate closely with our AI and Bioinformatics teams to productionize their work
● Collaborate closely with our customers to support them, understand their needs, and continuously improve our platform in response to those needs
The best candidates do not always match the job description completely. If you are excited about our vision and feel that you could be a valuable asset to our team, please apply!
The ideal engineer will have some familiarity with life science research, but an interest in applying your programming skills to our mission is the key ingredient.
● You know React 18 and Typescript
● You understand and use React features like useEffect, useCallback, useMemo, concurrency, suspense, transitions,, and context
● You’re comfortable with Typescript “strict” mode and employ generics and mapped, conditional, and indexed access types to improve developer DX and minimize the surface area for run-time errors in your applications
● You care about good UX and enjoy thinking through and implementing simple a intuitive user interfaces
● You’ve architected and managed relational databases and/or worked with large datasets and pipelines
● Bonus: You’ve architected and productionized infrastructure in AWS, GPS, or Azure
● Bonus: You have data science, machine learning, and/or life sciences experience
● Bonus: You have open source community experience (e.g. contributing PRs, etc)
● Recent experience architecting, launching, and scaling web applications (~5 years desired)
● Recent experience with relational databases (~3 years desired)
● Working cross-functionality and directly with customers (~2 years desired)
● Experience building web applications at one or more startups (at least 1 year desired)
● Led or participated in hiring and mentoring engineers
● Participated in or contributed to strategy and product roadmaps
● Proven track record of nimbleness, organization, and execution
● Open-minded and adaptable; willingness and ability to change focus and direction quickly in response to product/market demands
● Comfortable working in close collaboration with the team and independently
● Strong communication and desire to be a key player on a small, devoted team
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Our founders have strong reputations as thoughtful, forward-thinking colleagues and mentors who cultivate talent. We’ll think intentionally and collaboratively about your career and how we build our team. Our founders’ experiences in workforce development and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our approach.
● Impact — Our platform will accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and therapy development to advance human health. This is an opportunity to build something from the ground up, define a new product, and lead a team over time in a space that has a real, positive impact.
● Early employee impact — As a member of the very early team, you will play a pivotal role in helping shape our product, team, and culture. For the rest of our days, no matter how many thousands of people join after you, you will always have that honor and distinction. It looks great on a resume, too.
● Early stage equity — A benefit of joining early. None of us (neither our founders nor our investors) would be here if we didn’t think that our company will create tremendous value over time.
● Salary — We are a startup. You can expect salary raises that bring you closer to market rates as we grow. Plus, you’ll have the energy and excitement of a startup and the unique benefits and learning opportunities of taking an early risk.
● Flexible location and hours – We are whole people with whole lives and expect that you are, too. We’ll trust each other to make progress as a team, in times and places that work for everyone. Preference for Seattle area. Travel to Seattle will be required from time to time – it’s a beautiful city!
● Visa support - We cannot provide visa support at this time.