Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
We have an opening for a Staff Software Infrastructure Engineer in our Infrastructure team focused on driving technical strategy, alignment and execution of projects across compute, networking, cloud orchestration, and observability. This is an opportunity to join an engineering team focused on improving the scalability and reliability of Temporal’s core infrastructure.
You will be able to:
- Contribute to system architecture and execution.
- Co-author roadmaps establishing the vision for infrastructure scalability, reliability, and engineering velocity.
- Continue to maintain and foster a culture of engineering and operational excellence.
- Develop effective partnerships across engineering and product teams.
- Collaborate across teams to keep roadmaps aligned.
- Perform design reviews for multiple projects with a focus on infrastructure scalability and reliability.
- Partner with Security to build ‘secure by default’ systems.
- Engage with stakeholders and customers to help understand their requirements and enable their business.
- Investigate and understand the ways to best leverage Temporal’s own software to power infrastructure at scale.
- Get educated as to Temporal's customer needs that drive infrastructure design decisions.
- Share design principles for building reliable systems at scale.
- Learn and help others get better while you grow.
What You bring to us:
- Experience contributing to complex cross-team engineering efforts focused on cloud, compute, networking and storage infrastructure.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- You are comfortable driving alignment across an organization and contributing to long-term roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to make system-level tradeoffs.
- At least 10 years coding experience (Go, Java, or other applicable language) and experience writing concurrent code.
- Experience designing distributed systems and using concurrency primitives.
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure and familiarity with adjacencies.
- Hands-on experience with one or more cloud providers, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $175,000 - $225,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.