Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
The Developer Success Engineer will act as the frontline for our community, which includes:
- Providing solutions to common issues, application architectural guidance, and other developer's questions on Slack, Discord, Discourse, Zendesk, and more.
- Building relationships and representing the needs of community members, customers, and our partners.
- Conducting architecture reviews with users (ranging from individuals to Fortune 10 companies), providing them with necessary guidance so they can confidently build Temporal applications.
- Architecting, curating, and contributing to a knowledge base to increase the support team's leverage.
- Working with engineering and product teams to triage bugs, identify new features for the product, and align on deliverables.
- Identifying and establishing metrics that help us improve the quality of support we provide and the scale at which we can provide it.
- Adhering to a set of standards and etiquette for support at Temporal.
- Establish areas of technical proficiency across the Developer Success organization to further develop technical expertise/skillsets as the organization grows
- Mitigate the workload of requests into Engineering while maximizing the user experience
- Develop new strategies and processes for how to enable our users to self-service or one: many capabilities
- Advocate for our developers and customers internally, and help the broader team connect more deeply with our users.
- Actively promote Temporal in our community, and create valuable content for our users, including blog posts, videos, etc.
What you bring to us
- 8+ years of experience as a developer, preferably fluent in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Golang, TypeScript
- Experience with deployment and managing medium to large-scale architectures (e.g., Kubernetes or Docker).
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and troubleshooting performance and availability issues
- Minimum of one year experience in an internal or external customer-facing role.
- Passion for helping others regardless of who they are or how they act.
- Experience working with or as part of remote teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Seek to understand first, lead with data, and rely on facts.
Nice to have
- Previous experience in customer-facing positions such as a professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
- Experience with security certificate management and implementation
- Ability to understand use cases and translate them into Temporal design decisions and architecture best practices
- The estimated pay range for this role is $130,000 - $180,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.