Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
Temporal is a product by developers for developers. High-quality, community-oriented support is the basis of our existence and success as a technology and a business. We believe investing in, nurturing, and growing with our community will only become more important moving forward. Our fundamental mission is to enable developers to write better software.
As a Developer Success Engineer at Temporal, you will be the frontline representative of our community, responsible for ensuring the success of our customers and community members. Your primary focus will be on answering typical community questions and resolving technical issues related to the Temporal Cloud. You will play a crucial role in creating a friendly and thriving environment for Temporal developers by providing exceptional support and assistance.
What you bring to us;
- Located within London or within commute distance.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical/developer support role, preferably with experience/exposure writing/testing/troubleshooting applications in one of the following languages: Python, Golang, TypeScript.- Positive attitude and strong willingness to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work according to established best practices.- Passion for the success of our community and customers.
What you will do;
- Answer typical community questions and technical issues from Temporal Cloud customers.
- Understand the basics of setting up and operating Temporal.- Provide solutions to common issues, offer application architectural guidance, and address developer questions.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and collaborate with other teams.
- Embrace Temporal's values and strive for high standards of performance.
- Analyze and troubleshoot basic issues related to Temporal.
- Effectively convey technical concepts and solutions.
- Work well in cross-functional teams and receive feedback constructively.- Prioritize tasks and ensure timely deliverables.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in customer-facing positions such as a professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
- Experience with security certificate management and implementation
- Ability to understand use cases and translate them into Temporal design decisions and architecture best practices
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
Benefits & Perks
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Benefits outside the United States vary by country, and are issued in partnership with Remote.com.
Additionally, Temporal offers perks to all employees for learning & career development, a lifestyle spending account, in-home office setup (in addition to company-issued hardware), professional memberships, work-from-home meals, and access to the Calm app for mental wellness.