Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
Solutions Architect (Enterprise)
The Solutions Architect is Temporal's primary customer-facing technical leader.
What you'll do
- Help prospects understand if their application is suitable for Temporal
- Help customers & prospects understand the technical benefits and drawbacks of the Temporal platform and cloud service
- Position Temporal successfully against alternative technologies or technical patterns
- Create the conditions in customer engineering organizations that allow them to expand the number of production applications using Temporal
- Partner with Account Executives to develop and execute an overall account plan
- Own the relationship with customer Technical Decision makers evaluating and operating Temporal applications.
What you'll need
- Live within the Eastern or Central time zones
- Excellent technical communication skills (presenting, whiteboarding, writing)
- Comfortable discussing distributed system technologies, design decisions, and best practices.
- Able to construct application prototypes and follow through with design, development, build, and deployment guidance using one of Temporal’s supported languages (Java, Golang, Typescript, Python, PHP)
- Conversant in topics related to operating applications in production, such as security, reliability, performance, cost management, and operations.
- Can offer helpful advice and good arguments to customers on architectural topics like application patterns and platform architectures
- Comfortable working with at least one of the major cloud providers and using the various services commonly employed for application development & production
- Serve as a technical advisor to Sales Account Executives - can help identify good/poor fit use cases, assist with scoping and sizing of opportunities, and anticipate where customer technical choices will work for or against Temporal
Nice to have:
- Likes to learn new technical topics, often directly from engineering
- Can come up to speed without any sales-specific training (i.e., from docs, videos & conversations)
- Partners well with engineers working at customer organizations
- Serves as a good technical coach: likes to find ways to make others look smart
- The estimated pay range for this role is $150,000 - $210,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.