Temporal is an open source programming model that can simplify code, make applications more reliable, and help developers focus on the important things like delivering features faster. Our amazing user community provides us with real-time feedback and contributions to improve the developer experience everywhere.
Backed by top VC firms, we have built a team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. Together, we collaborate cross-functionally, engage with and support our users to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal is growing and working towards building the best community. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future. If you have a passion for helping developer communities, open-source software, and want to be a part of our amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
At Temporal, you'll change what's possible for software teams. Our customers are software architects, eng. Leaders and development teams inside the world's most innovative companies are looking for answers to accelerate and scale software delivery without the pain and cost of operationalizing distributed systems.
As a Staff Product Manager, you will drive product initiatives, including strategic insights, problem identification, scoping and phasing, and driving value delivery with our GTM teams.
Temporal is built on a mature MIT-licensed core that provides a complete programming and operating model offering durable execution guarantees. Through language-specific SDKs, Temporal's model is seamlessly incorporated into all modern application stacks, offering state-keeping, workflow orchestration, and resiliency patterns baked in.
The business is healthy, with a robust set of companies in our customer list and community pipeline. Our commercial cloud service, launched in 2022 and built from a Temporal server, looks promising, giving us the confidence to set ambitious growth projections. With a solid commitment to open source, Temporal has fostered a growing community of over 150K developers. Temporal has product-market fit, a burgeoning category, and ample runway to make a substantial impact.
What you'll do:
Synthesize, Strategize, Prioritize
- You will understand your customers, our competencies, and the market to define success, shape initiatives, and execute your roadmap.
- You will provide leadership, ensuring alignment and a shared sense of purpose with partners in engineering, product marketing, and field teams, ultimately owning the entire lifecycle of the value you create.
- You will meet regularly with customers and our community to understand their problems, assist field teams in building trusted relationships, and develop strong feedback loops for a strong product culture.
- You will have opportunities to speak at events, make videos, write blogs, and other ways to represent the company and our expertise.
Build Bridges, Drive Alignment
- You will pull together designers, engineers, and whoever is necessary from across the organization to deliver cohesive product surface area.
- You will be the trusted expert in your area, proactively helping us stay focused on the right narratives and the right problems.
- You have opinions on the ergonomics and design of developer tools. You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty with some code, and you can extrapolate to the needs of engineers across a broad range of skills and seniority.-
- You'll keep an eye on the workflow orchestration landscape to help improve the strategic alignment of both your own decisions and to spread knowledge within the product organization.
What you'll bring:
- We seek 5+ years of professional experience as a product manager. However, this role at Temporal is a unique opportunity for senior engineers interested in switching over to Product Management, in which case you'll have 8+ years as an engineer with at least one year of work as a lead or eng. The manager is responsible for defining and delivering finished products.
- Technical experience - ideally, you'll have worked as an engineer at some point. Still, the key is this job requires forming strong empathy with people who write software or maintain complex software systems for a living.
- Track record of successfully shipping products that succeed in the market. You should have stories about things you drove from start to launch to business impact.
- Critical thinking and decision-making - you should be at home piecing through ambiguity, imperfect data, and varied opinions to get to clear problems and answers.
- Track record of strong collaboration and empathy with colleagues across disciplines and experience levels. Product can be a lonely job, but it's never done alone.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $190,000 - $224,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
Compensation ranges reflect salary and commission compensation (when applicable) across several geographic markets. Employment offers carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, knowledge, expertise, skillset, market location, and job level assessed during the interview process.
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.