We are expanding our team! You can live anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, or from another country if specified in the job posting.
Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking and want to influence our future. If you want to be part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and a desire to build strong developer communities, then come join us!
Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) providing us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is backed by top VC firms, with a well built team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
Temporal is a product by developers, for developers. Our success so far is largely due to our already thriving and diverse community. We believe that investing in, nurturing and growing with our community will only become more important as our product and business mature. Advocacy is not an afterthought at Temporal, enabling developers is what we are all about.
The Developer Relations Engineer will be Temporal’s strongest connection into the community, through their code demos utilizing Temporal and adjacent technologies, sharing that story through written content and verbalizing through talks. You will be an integral part of the success of Temporal’s customer journey and life cycle. Your biggest allies will be in Developer Education and Engineering, while partnering with Marketing on how the story evolves.
What you'll do
- Create and deliver world class tutorials, demos, sample applications and reference architectures.
- Provide high quality technical expertise, training and help drive programs.
- Champion Temporal to our target community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Nurture relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with Product and Engineering teams.
What you'll bring to us
- 2 years minimum experience as an engineer shipping production code.
- Bonus, as a Developer Advocate, Sales Engineer or Support Engineer.
- Experience working with or as part of distributed teams.
- Crisp understanding of distributed systems and ability to write samples and reference applications in more than one language (Go, Typescript, Java, Python).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experienced with public speaking, presentations, podcasts, webinars, training, and blog writing.
- Experience working in an open-source community.
- Open to travel to community-conferences where your expertise is matched
- Expertise in one or more adjacent technical domains:
- Languages: Python, Java, Golang, TypeScript, .Net
- Ecosystems: CI/CD, AI/ML, ETL, Finance, etc
- Technologies: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Terraform/Ansible/CDK
- Unlimited PTO, 12 Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What Team Members are Doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.