Location: Remote based in Spain
What is TROOP, and why should I care?
It all starts with the question, "Where do we meet?": Click here to see TROOP's explainer video.
TROOP is a data aggregation and visualization technology that helps corporations identify the best meeting location in minutes using real-time data rather than opinions.
TROOP is on a mission to reinvent meeting planning, taking an inefficient, drawn-out, and laborious process today and making it simple and quick for anyone to organise a meeting. Workforces are now distributed, and no more extended office based every day, meaning that yesterday's commuter has become tomorrow's business traveler.
Having up-to-date data to decide whether to meet in person, virtually, or in a hybrid format is a must-have for companies of any size; however, this has not been available to access dynamically from a single source until now with TROOP.
As companies focus on their environmental commitments, they are turning to TROOP to help guide their teams as they aim to keep to carbon targets. The purpose of a meeting is more important than ever to understand. When approving a meeting, the costs and time spent traveling are vital data to inform this investment decision.
Staff wellness is key to optimizing performance in today's workforce, and understanding the impact on staff when planning a meeting by understanding the range of time zones people are attending and the time spent traveling to attend the meeting allows for more thoughtful scheduling of the meeting and choice of location.
We have ambitious goals to be the leading solution in introducing an end-to-end experience, including booking, taking our data to where the conversation is being had, and much more.
Our culture is built on an African philosophy called "Ubuntu, "meaning "I am because we are." It refers to an environment of interdependence, the state of being dependent upon one another - Trust. We call ourselves TROOPers, and we are people seeking adventure, challenging the status quo, enjoying innovating, and wanting to be part of something special. We are doers who roll up our sleeves and get into the details; we own the problem and don't stop until it is solved.
We are looking to hire a proactive and dedicated Financial Controller to join our finance team. As a Financial Controller at TROOP, you will handle accounts payable and receivable, manage the monthly financial closing process, collaborate on budgeting and consolidation, and various accounting, payroll, and financial administration tasks. Your expertise in tax compliance, payroll administration, and financial analysis will contribute to optimizing our processes and driving financial success.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle all accounts payable and receivable duties, including tracking and managing invoices, payments, financial disputes, and owning the dunning process.
- Manage the monthly financial closing process, ensuring all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
- Support with the consolidation and reporting process of the different legal entities of the group.
- Support with the preparation of different tax returns and filings in liaison with our external advisors.
- Handle payroll administration to ensure that all staff are paid correctly and on time.
- Support in developing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in collaboration with the Head of Finance.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and the Operations Specialist to optimize financial processes, identify potential cost savings, and support strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with external auditors during annual audits, facilitating a smooth and efficient audit process and addressing inquiries and requests for information.
- Conduct various administrative tasks as required, demonstrating adaptability and willingness to support the team in all areas.
- Advanced proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal) to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Advanced degrees such as a Master's in Finance or Business Administration are a plus.
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Highly detailed oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Exact Online, or Netsuite is a plus.
- Knowledge of Spanish accounting principles (Plan General Contable), US GAAP, and IFRS.
- Familiarity with relevant tax regulations in Spain and US is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Spanish labor laws and their financial implications.
At TROOP, you will enjoy the following:
- Fair pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role.
- The ability to work from anywhere (WFA within our standard time zones)
- Being part of the initial team of a fast-growing technology company.
- An incredible team and value-driven culture… See here: https://youtu.be/14zv5h3Fakg
- Being part of a fast-growing technology company that is supported by top investors.
- The possibility of joining our Stock Option Plan.